Sunday 7 February 2010

In rememberance

It is a strange day today - one year on from those devastating fires last year.

Was it really a year ago? For me it seems like just yesterday, but it also feels like it's been forever since it happened.

I know I was in a state of shock at the time - I had a friend injured in the fires (they are recovering slowly but surely) and I was struggling to comprehend the sheer size of the area that was affected, the homes that were destroyed and the lives that were lost.

BUT I was also incredibly proud of how the people of Australia responded to the crisis, I am still incredibly PROUD of our country and how we all pulled together to do what we could.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to read your comments!
i will reply if possible - but if your email is set to ...@noreplyblogger i am unable to reply to your comment