Tuesday 26 January 2010

The Simple Woman's Day Book (1)


I read about this idea at CinderberryStitches, but the original idea is from TheSimpleWoman. It is a simple way to focus on the moments in life and slow down a bit. I am planning to post weekly on Sunday.

Outside My Window...
It is a beautiful sunny day with a few whispy white clouds floating by (at 17degC its still a bit chilly, but it will warm up nicely this afternoon to around 27degC)

I am thinking...
About my list of things to get done before we can finish painting the outside of my house

I am thankful for...
Family who is willing to come and help me paint the outside of my house (a large and not so fun job!)

From the kitchen...
Cereal and yogurt for breakfast and plans to make some country pies up for dinner (and some for the freezer)

I am wearing...
Short sleeved brown t-shirt, a green patterned skirt and my comfy pink slippers

I am creating...
Memories

I am going...
To visit a friend and her family this morning. And then work on my "to do" list this afternoon

I am reading...
"Queen of Swords" by Sara Donati
"Australian Quilters Companion, edition #41" (magazine)

I am hoping...
To have a relaxing (but busy) day

I am hearing...
Silence, the wind whistling around my house and my little dog breathing heavily in her sleep

Around the house...
All is quiet

One of my favorite things...
Silence (hmmm, sense a bit of a theme today?)

I remember...
Not much from my childhood, although I remember being happy

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Fill some nail holes, do some undercoating, get some painting supplies
Organise a folder from work (contains monthly breifings)
Update my planning folder (from my childcare job)
Work on the quilt for Christine

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
I got this picture from the SelvageBlog (but I cant remember who made it... sorry!), I love this idea and hope to make some selvedge pictures to hang on the wall of my sewing room


No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to read your comments!
i will reply if possible - but if your email is set to ...@noreplyblogger i am unable to reply to your comment