Wednesday 4 November 2009

Sewing again

Yay! I'm feeling better and am looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow.

I got some sewing done yesterday;

- first was a couple of pillow cases for the dog beds (much easier to wash a cover than the whole pillow!)

- second was sorting out my string basket into colors

- third was a couple of liberated log cabin blocks. The center of each is a machine embroidered carousel horse (each is a different design), and I surrounded them with logs from my string basket that coordinated with the embroidery color. I still have a few more of these to sew, then I will make them into a wallhanging












I have decided to send my leftover strings to a friend to make into Heartstring quilts (for charity). I figure that by the time I am ready to use the rest of these strings I will have another basket of them!!

I am very glad that the Stashbuster no-buy year is finished because I have been doing a bit of online shopping in the USA lately (our exchange rate is really good at the moment!)

I first of my parcels arrived this morning, this one was from Tennessee Quilts, the fabrics are from the "Forest Fun" range by Robert Kaufman and the "Mackenzie" range by Anna Griffin:

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to read your comments!
i will reply if possible - but if your email is set to ...@noreplyblogger i am unable to reply to your comment